The format is simple
- There is a court room, a judge, a clerk and both prosecution and defence lawyers
- Each role is played by a comedian
- The audience fills in charge sheets to accuse friends attending court
- The clerk collects the charge sheets before the show starts
- You’re not obliged to fill in the charge sheets but it’s more fun if you do
- Only 3 or 4 cases will be chosen to be tried
This Is Your Trial will be 5 years old this year.
During that time the show has had several homes in London before finding a monthly residency at the Phoenix on Saturday nights.
It has also travelled to Brighton, Leicester and Edinburgh comedy festivals, clocking up more than 120 shows, thousands of jurors and more than 50 different comedians taking part.